Air fryers have been, for many, one of the best inventions of the modern kitchen. Just imagining being able to eat crispy French fries or fried chicken with all its delicious taste but without the guilty part of frying seemed too good to be true.
However, it was true, many of us fell in love with the air fryer, quickly learning several of its tricks to achieve better preparations and understanding that a bigger basket was key at the time of purchase, all to ensure that we get the most out of our investment.
And as with everything, the more we use it, the more we need to clean it, something the remains of the sweet potato chips at the bottom of the basket likes to keep very clear to us.
So the first question you should be asking yourself is, how often should I clean my air fryer? And the answer is pretty simple, though probably not the one you expect to hear: every time you use it.
Once you internalize this reality comes the second question, what is the right way to clean my air fryer?
First of all we have the good news that most of the removable parts of the appliance are dishwasher safe and luckily the rest are not too difficult to clean either, if you do it constantly and in the right way.
Here are a few simple steps you can follow to clean your air fryer basket:
- Unplug the appliance: Turn off the fryer, remove the power cord and let it cool down. Removing the removable items will make it much faster.
- Gently clean the inside and outside with a damp cotton cloth: first dry and then with a little hot water, making sure it does not drip. You can also use a soft sponge that does not scratch the inside.
- Clean the heating element: Turn the appliance upside down. Use a soft sponge and clean any residue that may have fallen in or around this area, you can help yourself to a soft brush.
- Clean the basket and pan: Most removable items are dishwasher safe, so all you have to do is load them and run your normal cycle. Even if they are not, cleaning the basket and dish is usually as simple as a quick clean with hot, soapy water and a soft sponge.
- In case of stubborn residues, soak the rack or basket: 10 minutes in hot water and a soft sponge will be enough to remove them.
- Dry all parts very well, either naturally or with the help of a clean and dry cotton cloth.
- Reassemble and continue enjoying your air fryer
Cleaning is not too complicated and will ensure that your air fryer remains in perfect condition. You can even choose to buy one of these reviewed among the best and easiest to clean.
Watch our review “Air fryer with racks“